Call FOR Reviewers
Do you wish to review for Health Behavior and Policy Review?
The Review is always searching for conscientious reviewers and extends an invitation to any health behavior or policy researcher to join its Board. If you agree to the conditions below, complete and submit the application form. We believe the best reviewers are persons who have published several manuscripts themselves. Moreover you must submit a curriculum vitae. Your responsibilities as a Board member are listed below:
- Serve a 3-year term, which may result in a re-appointment. Moreover, should you choose to withdraw/resign, you may do so at any time before your appointment is completed.
- Review no more than TWO manuscripts per 12-month period. It is expected that manuscripts will be reviewed and returned within 14 days. Reviewers who repeatedly submit late reviews or fail to return reviews will be removed from the Review Board.
- Contact your university/employer library to subscribe to Health Behavior and Policy Review.
- If you Reject a manuscript, we need specific reasons for your rejection for your comments will be forwarded to the author(s). Please refrain from making personal attacks.
- If you are unable to review your manuscript within 14 days, contact the Editor electronically, so that we may send the manuscript to another reviewer without further delay.
- It is the policy of the Review that author(s) submitting manuscripts will be notified of the status of manuscripts within 14 days of submission; therefore, if a manuscript is not returned within 13 days, you will be sent an email urging you to return the review. If the review is not returned within a week of the email, the Editor-in-Chief will review the manuscript to determine its status. In addition to being known as a rigorous refereed journal, Health Behavior and Policy Review wishes to be known as a responsive journal.
- We hope that you occasionally select the Review as a publication outlet for your manuscripts.
If you agree to the aforementioned conditions, please click here to complete and submit an application to Robert J. McDermott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Points of Interest
- The Review is one of only a few scholarly publications to combine health behavior and policy research in a single entity.
- If selected as an Editor, your name will appear on the Website as a member of the Associate Editor Board.
- When vacancies become available on the Board of Senior Associate Editors, we select persons from the Associate Editor Board who have distinguished themselves by being reliable, thorough, and punctual.